[Skincare Product] Basking Sun Again- Review: La Roche-Posay UVIDEA Aqua Fresh Gel SPF 30 PA++++

3:08 PM Cindity 0 Comments

Disclaimer: The product featured in this post is provided by samplestore.com for consideration. All opinions are honest and of my own.

I enjoy sunlight. 

LOL wtf is with those judgmental eyes?? I'll admit that I used to shun sunbeams, HAHA not because of the change in skintone but of its adverse things. Aiyaa, not as if you haven't heard of its associated risks of skin cancer (because it mutates your DNA) and other unsightly pigmented spots. I'm here, a good lab rat- 4 new "moles". So sexy.

I know, but I like basking in the sun. It boosts endorphins levels, our happy hormone, and I feel recharged after sunning myself in between classes. I do feel uncomfortable especially when I stay indoors for too long a period of time. 

And here comes the other side of the story, the Asian sun. Woah, and you wonder why are most Asians naturally tanner. I'm almost 100% sure that the ozone layer coating Earth is thinner in Asia. HAHAA Okay, jokes aside, I'm ultimately emphasizing on the importance of daily sun protection. Ahha, spotted your guilty faces, but I KNOW; I've at least 3 other sunscreens and I hate using them as well as they usually break me out, sibei badly.

This one may change your mind.


If you've sensitive skin, you would have already paid attention to the La Roche Posay counter in most local drugstores, or pharmacies. And I'm going to continue assuming that you know that they emphasize especially on sun protection. No surprise (as stated in the title), I'm here to review their day moisturiser- UVIDEA Aqua Fresh Gel .




La Roche-Posay UVIDEA Aqua Fresh Gel SPF 30 PA++++

  • Superior daily sun protection in a fresh water-break concentrated gel texture. 
  • For a long-lasting pure skin sensation and prevents hyper pigmentation, complexion greying & UV ageing.
  • Protect Against UVA for 18 Times longer. Tested on Asian sensitive skin.
  • Formulated with soothing, antioxidant La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water. 
  • Hypo-allergenic, non comedogenic and tested on sensitive skin. 


Wait, in case you missed that out, I emphasize again on the 4"PA+"s. This is the beyond the UV market protection standard and I believe is the highest sun protection currently in the local market. Now, this should be ample reassurance of La Roche Posay's photoprotection expertise. Through the Uvinul A+ it claims to provide 18X longer protection against UVA rays (as compared to no photoprotection) and of course, the most comprehensive UVA protection.




This product has a pump dispenser, and I appreciate the effort I can save from the spatula washings. Well, what's new #lazy HAHA






Are you intimidated with its opaqueness? I didn't lie when I told you it is a gel. Spreading the product out was a breeze due to its high water content. Yup, very fluid. It melts into your skin right away while soothing your skin, without leaving any white cast behind. Quoting from them, this gel contains "ultra-absorbent micro particles which equilibrate oiliness and humidity on skin surface. Leaving a long-lasting bare sensation thanks to a minimalist formula which leaves no residue on the skin.



Yet again, similar to my previous mention in the review for the La Roche Posay's BB cream, though it does not leave any residues behind, it did reflect a lot of light. Especially if you're particular about keeping your skin matte, ya. HAHA I've shared previously that some powdering helps greatly in reducing that shine-like appearance. So if you're still uncertain, consider giving it a try before making your purchase. Since...

La Roche Posay is currently giving out free samples of this moisturiser! I understand that samples can sometimes be hard to snatch especially with good press, I'm sure they also have some testers at their counters.

This product is now available at Guardian, Watsons, National Skin Center & Hospital Pharmacies
(Priced at $38.90)


Show them some <3 on their Facebook page!

0 comments: