[Skincare] Natural Skincare on the Budget - Review: Sukin Organics

11:47 PM Cindity 3 Comments


Sukin Organics, an Australian natural skin care brand that produces cruelty-free and carbon-neutral personal care products. More importantly, there isn't a hefty price tag attached to these product as most natural skincare brands. I've been using these for at least 6 months now, so I've taken time to make the decision that I really adore it to recommend.

Disclaimer: Products are purchased with my own money, I'm in no way affiliated with the company. 





Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser (125ml)

Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser is a non-drying cleanser that removes make-up, surface grime and excess oils. It features a delicate infusion of German chamomile, aloe vera, witch hazel and green tea combined with macadamia and evening primrose oils. It is suitable for all skin types including oily, combination and sensitive skin. Sulphate and Paraben Free. 
To use, apply a small amount to moist hands and lather with water. Gently massage into the skin before rinsing thoroughly with water. Use once or twice daily.

As most natural-skincare junkie would know that SLS is very drying to the skin and hair. But it is used as a detergent for foams and included in many foaming cleansers, shampoo etc. The Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser uses coco-betaine to substitute SLS. It still foams into a gentle lather but the texture is a little different. This Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser doesn't strip off the oil from the skin and I find it suitable for my combination, sensitive skin. However, this is not sufficient to remove makeup or prevent breakouts.  


Sukin Facial Moisturiser (125 ml)

Sukin Facial Moisturiser is an easily absorbed, deeply penetrating moisturiser to hydrate, soften and soothe the skin. It features an infusion of organic aloe vera, horsetail, burdock and nettle which acts in combination with healing rosehip, wheat germ, jojoba and avocado oil. It is suitable for all skin types. To use, gently massage into the face, neck and décolletage after cleansing.

This light and creamy lotion has a distinct, sweet herbal smell. I use a pea-sized amount (half a pump) for my face and neck, which absorbs quickly, leaving the skin soft and smooth. I use this in the day, underneath makeup as a base. Thick moisturizers are not suitable in tropical climates and the slick may allow dust and dirt to adhere onto your skin. 
I find this product suitable for normal to combination skin. I've combination skin oily and dry skin. While this does not make your face oily, it doesn't control oil either. If you've oily-skin, it is still better to use an oil-control moisturizer. Or if you've dry skin, certain patches of the skin may be not hydrated enough, and I have to layer on more moisturizer for those areas.
While wheat germ, cocoa seed butter and the other oils may be may be comedogenic and intimidating to acne-prone peeps, it hasn't caused any breakouts for me and I'm happy with its performance. 



Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream

Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream is enriched with rose hip, evening primrose and borage oils to promote elasticity and protect the skin’s moisture barrier. 
Directions: After cleansing at night, gently massage Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream into face, neck and décolletage.
Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream is richer and heavier than the Sukin Facial Moisturiser as you can see from their texture. I keep usage to night time, as I find that it develops to be a little oily during the day, especially in the hot and humid climate. At night, it hydrates the skin efficiently and I can wake up with a healthy glow. It absolutely adore applying it to my under eye area which had started to turn wrinkly. Or on top of my facial oils, because they are just so miscible. HEHEH





-



-




-





While Sukin Organics is not certified organic(confusing, I know), its ingredient list is void of artificial and synthetic ingredients, parabens, mineral oils and other harsh chemicals (need I really go through the list?). However, do take your time to go through the ingredient list especially if you've got sensitive skin, while natural, it contains a cocktail of essential oils which may be irritants. But that means that they also smell realllyyy nice without artificial fragrances.

I believe that Sukin is a pretty decent natural brand committed to exclude harsh chemicals in their products. Though Sukin is not as strict on their certification and hence also made affordable. 

Have you tried Sukin before, do you like them? Or do you feel cheated if you expected them to be all natural and organic?

Finding natural skin care products is a tough chore, not that they are more effective than their chemical counterparts but because of labeling issues. While brands can label themselves as natural and organic, it is difficult to adhere to international certified standards and  such products cost heaps more to develop.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, I have been reading your blog and your situation seems very similar to mine. I have serious BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) mainly around my acne scarring. I was wondering if I could contact you over email or privately in some way. It would be really great to ask you some things and get your advice. Thanks being so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for*

      I am also doing Venus Viva soon and would love to ask you some things. If you leave your email, I can contact you if that's okay with you. :)

      Delete
    2. Hey James, thank you so much for the encouragement. Feel free to contact me at Cindy.taixy@gmail.com
      It'd be good to be of help in anyway. All the best!

      Delete