[Makeup] I Might Be A Mermaid- Review: Majolica Majorca Lash King X Pearl Perfect Automatic Liner

10:58 PM Cindity 0 Comments

Disclaimer: The products featured in this review is provided by the company. I'm not paid to do this review, all opinions are honest and of my own.



I like cheap mascaras, but as far as all those I've tried, my hooded Asian lids don't allow them to go without staining at least a part of my eyelids. Then how? I settle for the non-waterproof ones lor, at the very least they won't leave a streak of offending mark when I try to wipe them off when my day is young no more. Plus the harsh ripping action of removal; I my lashes have been through that, survival rates were low.




Majolica Majorca Lash King by Shiseido ($25.90)



Before

Bare Lashes, after kiap-ping
And then the magic happened, my lashes in full glory. Okay, I believe that they have more potential since I've only layered one coat on. But full glory sounds better, eh? This is a fiber mascara, so the fibers are built up to your natural hairs for length. And I think it's pretty clump free, but that could be because I've only put on one coat, but one coat is enough for me. See, my lashes are almost touching my brows again.
But since it is a fiber mascara, the length is likely to be build-able, you possibly pass a dramatic look without the pain of the false eyelashes.

The mascara wand are made of stiff bristles which go all around the wand. They grips onto hair and also separates them well. It has those fibers (5 mm) sticking out from it. The formula is also light and doesn't weigh the lashes down.





MJ's mascaras are well known for their lengthening effects, and did I mention oil-proof? Look, oil-proof makeup has a whole different story from their waterproof counterparts. I can wear them all day without having them smudged by the facial oils but remove or fix them darn easily when I've been impressive enough. HEHEH, yes, that is just nice when I reach home.
(The previous formula of the lash king is not washable with warm water.)

I like black mascaras, the blacker the better. But because they are mascaras, and hair is supposed to have a sheen of reflective gloss, they cannot be as matte and swallow all light as a black hole. It also holds curls darn well, even with my daiso eyelash curler and definitely lives up to its oil-proof claims.

I reckon that this review might sound like an advert if I continue, but I shall. You know how some mascaras that holds curls can make the lashes stiff and uncomfortable. Like, our lashes exist to better protect our eyes, and also its dual function which is to make blinking more noticeable.


I like to utilize my time well, especially since my lifeline isn't too long. Its nice knowing you guys btw. But for now, work is a good opportunity to try many things, including makeup products since uhm, its kinda compulsory for all female beings. See the cockroach on the floor? It probably have some stains of makeup (probably dust) if it is female and steps into my boutique, unless it is of a status as a customer.

Yes, I realised that I've digressed, but it ain't too late for me to show you my eyes again after a good 14 hours, right?

See how much oil this mascara resisted even when the eyeliner and brow powder gave way? The curls were still held well. Yes, I'm impressed. Aren't you?

In A Nutshell:
Pros:
+ Very black, with a realistic hair-like sheen
+ Holds curls well.
+ Oil-proof and Smudge-proof
+ Easy to remove with warm water
+ Lengthens and separates the lashes

Cons:
- Can work out to be expensive/ use if you don't do makeup often

Stand to win the improved Lash King (featured in this review) on their Facebook post!



-


-


-


-


-


-


Perfect Automatic Liner #36 $22.90

You know, sometimes all beauty standards do not need to apply. All it takes is the bling in your eyes and sometimes everywhere else on your face/ body to become a mermaid. Or if you like fairies better, then a fairy. But you'll see how its waterproof ability justifies the "mermaid" part better.
HAH, I just like mermaids more lah.



The brush is of a felt type brush with a fine tip for you to line the eyes with ultimate precision- thick or thin. Want some innocent doe-eyes? Look here.  

I've to turn the knob at the end of the pen for a few rounds before the first droplet is dispensed. I dab the excess away and can start drawing the eyes. This pearl is a versatile colour, I can use it on both my upper or lower lash line- for a double eye line or to highlight the eyes. Since the product is only dispensed when you turn the knob, the product is less exposed to air and will not dry out as fast as the other liquid liners in the market. 
Shake the pen well before every use! Else the pigmentation may not be well distributed. 

The product doesn't budge after a few rubs or under running water. My only qualm with it is that it takes some time to dry, which can get a little tacky on the upper lid. You'd have to allow it to dry completely before opening your eyes. Other than that, the formula is amaze-balls, I'd give it a high rating for staying power.


In A Nutshell:
Pros:
+ Very pigmented
+ Waterproof and smudge-proof
+ Great staying power
+ Longer shelf-life than other liquid liners

Cons:
- Takes a while to dry
- Steps before usage can be troublesome to some people.


-


-


No more summertime sadness!!
The products are now available locally in Watsons.
For more product information, head on to Majolica Majorca's Facebook page:



-


-


-


-


-


-


-



Looks like I've some editing skills to hone.

In the meantime, I've read some psychology books in my past time and understood better why women load on mascaras. You know in the theory of attraction, interest is a main indicator of sexual attraction and when we're interested, we blink more and faster. This is not exclusive to females, but to males as well. Mascaras just makes our blink more noticeable to the public eye. 

Doe eyes? I haven't come across a whole article about it, but I think its due to the protective nature of humans, the desire protect the young, like how we think of animals and our young as cute. Since doe eyes are more prominent in children and are perceived as innocent and naive.

0 comments: