[Skincare] Chocolate for the Skin - Review: Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion - Instant Cooling 200g

4:54 PM Cindity 0 Comments


Hey girls!

Have you all been taking good care of your body (and skin)? The hot weather - really, last warning. My skin is left flaky and reptile-like. We often pay too much attention to our faces before the body, not as if they don't require as much moisture.
There's a cheaper solution for your body as well and I'm really excited to share this new found baby from Palmer's with all of you!


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion provides deep moisture in an instant. This non-greasy formula sprays on easily and our RapidSorb® Technology allows for quick absorption, leaving skin soft and smooth with 24 hour moisturization.  
Paraben & Phthalate Free




I love chocolate. And I'm sure most of you do too.
To overcome the issue of putting on pounds, I've even resorted to smearing it on my skin instead. Because, who doesn't love the chocolate perfume, right? HEHEH

And other than bettering the skin quality, it can also be used to win my exam de-stressing game.

To scare off opponents :)
So, you get it - I really LOVE chocolate.

Admit it, body lotions are sometimes a hassle to apply. You'll have to sit there, rub it in and wait for it to absorb. It is time-consuming. Some nasty ones even leaves your skin more uncomfortable than before, to an extent that you skip the body lotion thing all together. Which isn't the best idea.

For those who aren't already familiar with Palmer's, it was founded in the US more than 170 years ago and present in over 80 countries. The brand is best known for their cruelty-free philosophy and is against animal-testing. By the way, if y'all have watched those Taiwan romance dramas, you would probably seen at least one of Sonia Sui's shows. She is currently endorsing Palmer's spray-on- lotions.

TVC - starring Sonia Sui

Sonia Sui, a popular Taiwan actress and model is now endorsing their products. 




Created especially for use ‘on the go’. Palmer’s new RapidSorb® technology uses no propellants and the non-staining formula means you can get dressed in a jiffy! The new bag-in-a-can system uses compressed nitrogen to deliver fine, even, non-chilling spray – without propellant gasses so it’s still good for the environment.

The new Palmer's Rapid Moisture Spray Lotions make it so much faster and easier to moisturize the skin. As recommended, it is best to apply 3-4 inches away from the skin surface, and rub the product in gently. While I'm usually reluctant to apply body lotion on a daily basis, I actually find myself happily reaching out for this every night. I've been using this exclusively and regular application has really made a HUGE difference to my skin quality.

This spray lotion have a really fine spritz. Spraying a continuous line on your limbs will leave the lotion nicely coated onto your skin. You won't even need to rub much for it to be fully absorbed. Not like a huge blob of chunky white liquid.

I know what some of you are thinking - I still have to rub it in? Then isn't spraying it on an extra-step of my routine? Yeah, it makes some sense. But I find it much more easier to rub it in after spraying it on. Spraying it on distributes small droplets of the product evenly on the skin, which makes it easier for it to be absorbed.

See the line of shine.
The lotion is thinly distributed on my not-so-thin leg.

When you first spray it on, the lotion is thin and oily (from the cocoa butter) but it doesn't leave the skin greasy or clogged the slightest as it gets absorbed straight away! Its a little like dry-oil. I definitely urge you to head down to any pharmacy or supermarket to try it for yourself. I could hardly detect the last bit of coating left behind. And it leaves the skin incredibly soft.

For you to see the texture, I held the spray at the same spot.
As you can see, it is thin and a little oily when first sprayed on.


I absolutely adore the cocoa butter smell, which is ridiculously sinful. I can't resist sniffing my arms after application to catch a hint of the chocolate. HAHAA I don't know if you might be thinking of a candy bar, it is more of a natural, out-of-the-pod kind of scent. The smell do linger on slightly for a couple of hours, but as I've mentioned - I've to really lean in to my skin to get a whiff of it. It is definitely not that strong, to your disappointment or not.

The spray lotion I've tried was the Instant Cooling version, and it offers such a relief from the hot summer weather. They also have other variants in Singapore stores, and you can pick the one that best suits your needs.

Palmer’s Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion (Cocoa/Shea) – For deep moisturising
Palmer’s Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion (Aloe) – For instant cooling
Palmer’s Stretch Mark Spray Lotion – For reducing the appearance of stretch marks

Cocoa Butter Formula

As you are all sharp enough, you would have noticed that Palmer's products are formulated with the "Cocoa butter formula". This is of course, for a good reason.


  • Cocoa Butter: a rich natural moisturizer that leaves skin soft and silky.
  • Vitamin E: a powerful antioxidant that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and imperfections on the skin, giving a more even and toned appearance.
  • Shea Butter: deeply moisturizes and nourishes to leave dry soft and radiant


>


Before and After



You can see the skin getting more plumped up and less scaly if you scrutinize close enough. And I certainly believe that the skin will get better with consistent usage. I've tried the Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion (Aloe) which is of a lighter formula and think that it fits well into my daily routine. However, the Rapid Moisture Spray Lotion (Cocoa/Shea) might be a better choice if you were to seek deep moisturising effects.

As for the potential mess it might leave on floor tiles or mats, I believe that as long as you don't hold it too far away, and stick to the recommended 3-4 inches, it will generally not be of a problem. I know, I know. There are bound to be some fall-outs, right? I leave my feet sole to absorb any residual product up. HEH But I do mop my floor quite often. Another solution is to use this in the bathroom instead.
The fall-outs are not sleek but slippery. Which means that dust and other stuff won't accumulate on it.


And you know what? This is retailing at only SGD$17.90 / 200ml, it is really a bang for your buck. I'm hitting myself in the chest for not trying out Palmer's products even after years of seeing them on the shelves.
This is now retailing in Watsons, Guardian, Fairprice, BHG, Robinsons, John Little and other leading cosmetic stores.

I love you'd give this a whirl. I think once you've tried one of their cocoa butter range of products, you'll soon be enamored with their entire line. I know I would.

Have you tried out Palmer's products? If so, what is your favourite product of theirs?

Looking forward to talking to you guys soon!

0 comments: