[Skincare] Yeast Fermentation? - Review: SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

1:05 PM Cindity 0 Comments

Disclaimer: This product was purchased with my own money. This review is entirely honest and of my own. I'm in no way affiliated to the company.

Hey love! 
I've missed you, did you too??! So much excitement! It has been around a week since finals ended and I've to take this opportunity to rekindle the relationship with this space. And you, of course! I didn't forget.

Christmas came early!

Yes, I know; not a new face to everyone. Grasp, errmagawd, why issit so pretty! You'd probably have came across tons of other reviews before this stop, but I've to contribute back to this lovely community that introduced this product to me.


This is an outdated purchase, when did I buy this. I forgot, was it around half a year ago? Whatever. I know this is an exorbitant buy (for me, this broke student), and I have to defend myself; it is not on impulse. I've already tried 2 of its 30 ml sample bottles before I broke the bank. Those lasted me about 3-4 good months btw! And if you're also a miser updated on the beauty industry like me, you'd probably also noticed the 'knock-offs' of SK-II in the Korean market, claiming to also contain a comparable amount of yeast ferment. My next upgrade was to the 330 ml bottle. 

Packaging

Admit it: if it weren't for its bottle, you probably won't be slap this yellowish liquid onto your face.
I know there are so many mixed reviews about their packing! I'm not too sure if it is just for this volume or is it a new change for all their products across the board; mine is not a glass bottle. 
*gasp* But wait, it is still Instagram-friendly! It feels a lot lighter with the frosty finish. And of course, I don't have to worry about breaking it.

Just, just keep it away from direct sunlight okay.

Usage

I understand many love the idea of pouring product onto a cotton pad before sweeping it across the skin, and others directly onto their palms mainly for the fear of product wastage. I'm the latter.

Especially when I don't exactly see this product as a 'toner', more like a 'serum' as its name suggests.
I use this after my toner (which I apply with a cotton pad), I pour liquid of the area of a cherry tomato (half a pump) onto my palms and press it into my skin. And finally follow up with a moisturizer.

Sidetracking a little, I'm still using the Curel toner and moisturizer, which still has about half the volume left. Yes, even with daily use!

Eye wrinkles? No problem! 
I love how this product is so gentle for use around the delicate eye area. Lay a soaked cotton pad underneath your eyes and see them get better upon waking!

When my skin is slightly more sensitive, like after basking in the sun, application did sting a little.

Results

Honestly, I didn't see immediate results. I didn't even like it at all when I just started using it. It smells like saliva; not in the bottle when when it touches the skin. And like many many other products I've tried, I did experienced a little of the purging phase for the first week or so, nothing serious but it definitely doesn't make me like the product. This time perhaps my skin adjusting to it instead of toxins being expelled.

After the rain, there has to be the rainbow, right? OMG, so tacky; did I just say that. Please scrape it.
I've definitely seen a difference in my complexion after using it, particularly on the oil control and glow. The skin also seem to become more elastic and hydrated resulting in  noticeably tighter pores. Just, generally healthier skin, y'know, all in a bundle!

I know SK-II usually market their line of products as "anti-ageing" but I find that they also control acne breakouts to an extent. I'm 20 this year and don a face-ful of oil. I've been using it on-and-off for about a few months now. It has been normalizing to normal-combination in recent months, it takes a lot less effort to ignore the presence of the skin.

Purchase

We all know that their counters are island-wide in almost every departmental store you can locate in Singapore. Which is all great to visit ask for a sample especially since this is not cheap. Just reiterating, it is a life-changer! To my knowledge, they even have the skin analyzer thing now. 
You don't look like a new face here, but as always I like purchasing online. Read aplenty of reviews  to make sure the seller is reputable first though, there are so many dodgy sellers now. 


In a Nutshell

Pros: 
+ Oil control 
+ Prevents breakouts
+ Heals acne marks faster
+ Radiance and glow
+ Hydrates and moisturizes well
+ Skin is more elastic 
+ Tighter pores

Cons:
- Expensive, like you don't say 


And as always, since our skin aren't similar, what worked for me might not have from you. my mom also uses it religiously since I've added onto the vanity but she claims that she doesn't see much positive results. 

Have you guys tried this too? What about other products by SK-II?


-



-



-




-




-




-






And of course! Happy holidays! Go, go prepare for the new year!


0 comments: