[Outings] Marina Barrage x Orchard Ion

5:00 PM Cindity 0 Comments

Having some family orientated activity is really something I enjoy the most, especially after the exhausting exam rush; here's something to look forward to. I stumbled across a list of parks in Singapore and they have since integrated into my to-do list. Now that my schedule is a tad more packed! HEHE
Marina Barrage was a pretty reservoir but I wouldn't suggest this place to you if you're alone. There wasn't much to do there, other than having some picture-perfect outdoor photo shoots. Honestly, I'm unlikely to revisit this place as I didn't think much of the rooftop greenery. Erhem, just being blunt here.
*All photos in this entry is unedited by the way.

HAHAA don't laugh okay?! My sister picked this out for me, and I was complaining how this jumpsuit with an artistic splatter of colors made me look like a clown. Soon after, that was followed by crude jokes about how apt this was since my that-time-of-the-month is here; if you get it, you do.



At the bus stop for transfer bus to Marina Barrage



Oh, if you were wondering about those boards we were holding to, it was because we thought that there weren't any seats to lay our butts on; and we didn't have a picnic mat, so.

Upon alighting from the bus, saltiness ambushed us; it was the characteristic sea-salty I'm talking about. Not a big fan of the smell, but I guess my nose soon became accustomed to it.

We took a lift up to the rooftop, and that is the sprawling greenery that everyone's raving about! I've to admit it, it was breath-taking, especially the architectures. Look at the 3 iconic attractions in Singapore! From right we have the Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, followed by the Singapore Flyer!

There were some youngsters flying kites. OMG! Did I just. call. someone. near. my. age. a "YOUNGSTER"?!! Imma getting old! :(











If you didn't notice in my earlier shots, I was struggling to open my eyes. HAHAA I swear I'm not a vampire in disguise; I flung my umbrella out and TADAA an instant piece of shade!








And to complete the photo shoot, we cannot neglect the crucial moment of epic faces.






The groom was pretty hilarious, we overheard him telling the photographer to photoshop him away. HEHE!
There were another couple taking their wedding photos here at the same time.
I thought the weather looked pretty gloomy. o.0
The people in the water were making superman poses! My sister was famished so we headed off to Bayfront MRT and jumped on track back to town.


This would be the entrance you see if you hail from Bayfront MRT.

Sorry I have to. Btw, the ferry was the focus
I raced to start up my camera but opps, it is still outta the grid.

My sister told me that this was the "flower dome" or something. (Part of Gardens by the Bay)
Entrance fee is charagable.

Our stomach lining was near corrosion as both of us only had light breakfast (I only ate an egg!), there are eateries, but choices were very limited. The satay by the bay looked the most decent, prices were not overly escalated. On hindsight, we should have done some light grocery shopping before that, for junk food.


Getting there:

Address: 8 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018951

From Marina Bay MRT station to Marina Barrage,
Take Exit A from Marina Bay MRT Station. The bus stop is about 2 mins walk from the MRT Station. Alight at the last bus stop.
Alternatively, you can alight from Bayfront MRT and walk there, there are a few photo-worthy sceneries along the way for a peaceful walk.


Ion Orchard

We went back to town to grab food thereafter. The classic chicken rice and roti prata at B4, I was first introduced to them by some of my Bershka workmates. Satisfy your palate on a shoestring budget! The cashier girl and the prata uncle were one of the most smiley faces in the vicinity, plus the total bill only came up to $7.10 for 2 people!
We didn't order too much though, roasted chicken rice and 2 plain pratas.





Awww... SUCHA CUTIE!
#girlsbeinggirls




My eyes are fluttering, ohhh, that's a call for my appointment! I meet up with my bed every night. See you guys next time!! :D

Keyword: marina bay sands, marina barrage, gardens by the bay, singapore, orchard ion, free things to do in singapore

0 comments: